Sunday 28 August 2011

Tulsi Plants

There have been a couple of emails regarding the Tulsi plant which I mentioned in my book on weight loss. A lot of you are having difficulty in obtaining this plant from garden centers and nursery’s. Some people have mentioned that when they have gone home with a supposed Tulsi plant they have discovered that the plant has actually been a basil plant that had been been sold as a Tulsi.
I can tell you that my own plant was obtained from my mothers tulsi plant via a cutting. She had obtained her plant from India which managed to survive being wrapped in a plasic bag in a suitcase. It was obtained from a large plant in India where they are commonly grown for religious purposes. Some of these plants are decades old. It was one of these plants from which my mother took a cutting from and was able to bring to the UK.
So when it was mature enough after about 5 years I was able to take a cutting for my own house.
If you are having difficulties in finding tulsi plants to buy I can provide them for you. You may email me a request and I can add your name to the waiting list. I will only be able to provide a few cuttings at a time in order to not shock the plant too much. If in the meantime I can find a trusted supplier of Tulsi I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment