Friday 25 June 2010

Book release feedback

It’s been a couple of months since the book was released to the public and I have had some great feedback. Shelley asked I mention her story so I have offered her space on the blog to have her say.
‘I have been struggling to say the least with paying my mortgage. My husband passed away 5 years ago and I am bringing two young children. Around Christmas I had to take a pay cut and so the stress piled on. In two months I had wiped out what savings I had and was having to take a loan to pay for the basics. I was in the library using their papers to find a better job and happened to see your book on the shelf. I took your book home and read your first chapter and thought yes I will give it a go. I used the list for money and after a week a cheque arrived in the post saying there was a refund due to overpaying tax. I really didn’t connect the money to what I had been doing with the list. Then three weeks later another cheque, this time from a magazine subscription company refunding me an error they had made with regard to a magazine I vaguely remember my husband subscribing to many years ago. That’s when I thought this was very weird and started to believe that your book works! Those cheques were enough to cover all my outgoings with a little amount left over. At this moment in time I am actually being able to save some money each month. Now this hasn’t been through any more surprise cheques but from lots of different places too. Too many to mention them all but take this one example. I was my child’s school and some parents mentioned the time taken to prepare sandwiches for lunch everyday and also the problems with making sure they were healthy. So I explained how I made my own bread for sandwiches and how I had made my own fillings (because buying them was expensive). Then one of them asked if I would prepare a sandwich for their child and hand them over in the mornings. Another parent asked the same. I didn’t know what to charge them so asked them to pay whatever they felt. Now I am getting extra income that doesn’t take me that much time and getting requests from other parents too. I have to say the book has changed my life-and all I did was that one list for money. I think I may try a list for a better job next and report back what happens.
Thank you for sharing your book and the lists- I am sure the book will change many more lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment