Wednesday 23 March 2011

Moleskine type notebooks for writing lists

I am often asked if I do any lists at the moment and what materials in particular I use, such as the paper and pen, as well as my preferable place to write lists.  The answer is that I yes I do continue to write lists although these are normally done in short monthly breaks and usually the list is for someone who has requested some help with a particular problem.  It is possible to use lists to help others and this I gladly do.

Paper, Moleskine type notebooks for lists.

I have experimented a lot with using different materials on which to write lists on.  I know many of you use A4size paper at around 80gsm which does work very well.  I know others have use notebooks.  For myself I now only use a notebook to write my lists.  I have found that it helps my concentration to keep a dedicated notebook for writing lists and the quality of the notebook used also provides a strong signal to the universe that this is a sacred work.
I did come upon the famous Moleskine brand of notebooks, but in trials I found the pen I used did not seem to work well with the paper.  However very soon I happened to see a notebook on sale at a supermarket called ASDA.



This notebook was called an executive A5 notebook, with a nice soft leather feel cover, elasticated band and bookmark.  I purchased one for the price of £2.50 and tried it.  The pages were square lined, and quite smooth and thick, with a creamy yellow tinge to the pages.  My pen took the pages very well and I have purchased a few more to keep in stock as I have found that this supermarket can sometimes completely change or end stock lines (in fact yesterday there were none on the shelf).
As compared to moleskine notebooks people will this very usable for writing lists, and the price is very reasonable.  I chose upon the A5 format because the place where I write lists lends itself to this size, but there is an A4 version available (but again hard to find stocks of them).
If you are a plain A4 page user -I would suggest to try out notebooks when writing lists to see how you get along with them.
If anyone would like to try them and find difficulty in getting hold of them then I am happy to post them on to anyone (you would need to cover any postage costs). Get in touch via np@mrdee.net.




No comments:

Post a Comment