Sunday 28 November 2010

Quick thank you

I had an email from a reader who told me they have left a nice book review on the site where they had purchased the book from. So this is a thank you and a link is provided below of anyone does wish to read it.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/deepak+rana/the+secret+power+of+lists/7549629/

On a related note a number of people have asked why there are no reviews on amazon. I can only state that a lot of people do not take the time to write them. I do know that a lot of publishers are using review companies to increase the numbers of reviews for thier books because they know people will generally purchase an item when it apparently shows lots of favourable reviews. I will not state here my own views about the use of such book review services, but I will say that I will personally never allow the use of such 'services' to increase book sales.

Have a read of the following links :

http://www.caesarsalads.com/fast-easy-amazon-book-reviews/

http://www.blog-relations.com/2006/12/19/fake-amazon-book-reviews/


I have and will always rely on the simple word of mouth marketing. I know many have purchased my book off amazon and not left reviews and I have had emails from such people with questions about the book ect. It is people's own choice whether to leave a book review and perhaps the reason no one has is that maybe people feel they do not want others to know they are using the secret power of lists in thier lives.

So anyway- that is a little explanation of why there are no reviews of my book on amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment