Monday 29 November 2010

Mind Machines and the Secret Power of Lists

The Monroe Institute

I do a lot of reading around a variety of subjects and today I was reading all about mind machines. These are basically a small electronic box in which you plug in headphones and put on glasses. These glasses are blacked out and inside are small lights. The machines plays back sound and the lights flash. The sounds are a combination of seasurf/music along with special tones/beats which the brain then becomes entrained to. In other words it causes the brain to go into more relaxed states. The glasses work in conjunction by flashing in special combinations (you close your eyes) and the light can be 'seen' through the eyelids.
This technology does have a lot of scientific research behind it and I am hoping I can perhaps try them out and use them in conjunction with the lists. I shall do this on those days when my mind is overactive and difficult to settle down. This technology should then help my mind to calm down and thus be able to do the lists in a perfect state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment